Thursday 17 March 2016

OUTFITS OF THE WEEK!!



You Can Never Be Over Dressed or Over Educated - Oscar Wilde 

One of my main interests is FASHION!

I don't really recall how it all started for me, I guess I just feel head first in and learnt to swim from there. Over the years however, I have tried and adapted various trends and styles from both the past as well as the current trends straight from the catwalks. With this I have built up a huge wardrobe of designs, outfits and of course clothes for me to dress up with.
Personally, now I am older I have become much more conservative and only partake in fashions which are based around a blazer and shirt. I burnt my street wear bridges years ago. I really enjoy the looks of vintage fashion with the 'Ivy Style' of youth Post War taking president over most of my clothes. This includes the quintessential Oxford Button Down shirt in mass of different colours and cuts, Navy Blazer, with or without the Gold Buttons, and different pairs of loafers too. As show below! Brands however include: Brooks Brothers, all labels in Ralph Lauren and Thom Browne to name a few.

Post Ivy/ Trad Style
Blazer: Brooks Brothers
Pants: Bespoke James Purdey
Jumper: Rugby Ralph Lauren
Tie:Vintage School Tie
Shirt: Polo Ralph Lauren

Sprezzatura With Vintage Military
Pants: Brooks Brothers Black Fleece
Jacket: US Army Vietnam Era Jungle Jacket
Blazer: ZZegna 24/7 Jacket
Roll Neck & Shirt: Polo Ralph Lauren 

Another section of men style is the Italian flare known as 'Sprezzatura'. A style argued about the educated slobbery of men's high class, which emphasises men looking messy but juxtaposing that to create a tailored look. With these outfits I match a variety of Italian brands as well as American brands in my wardrobe to replicate the looks on the street in: Florence (Pitti) and Milan; where I have visited personally. As seen above, I have mixed a vintage original US Army Jungle Jacket with a roll neck and a special navy blazer by ZZegna; designed for any time of day. However, its the look of having your shirt collar underneath poking out over your roll neck which categorizes this look as being 'Sprezzatura'.  When worn on the street you are bound to get a few stares but personally I feel it is timeless fashion and never disappoints.

Another Ivy Style Inspiration
Pants:Boggi
Blazer: Vintage 1968 Brooks Brothers
Tie: St Aloysius College
Shirt: Land's End Denim

Be on the Look Out for more of my outfits and what I have learnt from my experiences in fashion. Also, they might be a few blasts of the past so you can see how I have changed over the years, and how I got to this point! Not only that but I will highlight and explain brands I enjoy to wear and my personal takes on the new season from them too!

Check out my INSTAGRAM for constant fashion posts!!!

- THURSTON









  

No comments:

Post a Comment